Last night I had a brilliant idea and can't believe it has taken me that long to think of it.
Concrete_man is not a breakfast eater mainly as he prefers to sleep an extra 5 minutes and, unlike me, does not feel like eating as soon as he wakes up. With the physically demanding labour that he does he really should eat breakfast, and lets face it he's thin enough as it is he needs to eat. Most mornings he would stop at the servo and grab a ham and cheese toasted snadwhich which now costs close to $7...$7 x 5 days x 52 weeks is a lot of money. So I have been making him ham and cheese sandwhiches for him to take and toast at his shed before he heads to site. The shed is stocked, sandwhich maker, espresso machine...seriously!
But I just realised, the bread I use is frozen and then I make his sandwhich either each night or morning. Why don't I just buy a fresh loaf of bread make up a stack of ham and cheese sandwhiches and just freeze them. That way he just has to pull one out to take each day. And on the weekends it's a quick snack. So that is what I'll do.
Now if only I can work out how to make and freeze his salad bowl that I make every day.....
About Me
- MuMmARat
- This is me, The Rat...partner since 2001 to Concrete_Man, mum to Rat_Girl (born 13.12.05) and Rat_Boy (born 14.05.09). Co-inhabiting our nest are 2 rather large fury 4 legged rats, Boxer_Dog and Black_Dog. We run a business from the nest with Concrete_Man doing the manly physical work while I stay at home and do the 'other' stuff. This means we are often busy, often stressed and often very tired...but then again who isn't! Anyway that's enough for now. As time goes by you will learn a bit more about the family that is "MummaRat's Nest"
October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I do that with Master Five's lunches. I buy a 50 bag of rolls from Coles late on a Sunday night, then make them up and freeze them. And when he gets home from school he pulls out his lunch for the next day and puts his then packed lunchbox into the fridge ready for the next morning.
ReplyDeleteLucky you with a freezer full of mangos! I'm making mango cakes this afternoon since Master Five has the day off for the Geelong Cup. I got mine on special so it was only $2, but still!
(And I might be making little chocolate puffs too... don't you love puff pastry?)