I went to update my facebook status today and seriously I couldn't decide what to type because I had so many "mental status updates" running through my brain I couldn't decide what to type. I was afraid that if I typed something it would come out a jumble mess of 10 different things that made no sense what so ever.
Sometimes it really does feel like my head may explode.
Last night I was watching a new TV show called 'Drop Dead Diva' basically a sexy, self absorbed blonde is killed in a car crash but manages to sneak back from the pearly gates and instead of going back to her body ends up in the body of and larger size, plain, very intelligent brunette lawyer! The blonde still has all her old memories but has the lawyers brain. During the show she would rattle off something really smart and intelligent she would then old her forehead 'ouch, that was intense'. I often feel like that.
Urgh what a day yesterday, thought it was going to be good, started off ok. When I left home the washing had been done, my kitchen was clean (oh and sooooo organised) and everyone was happy. We went swimming, Rat_Girl got her end of term certificate, oh I'm so proud of her she's such a little fish!! And then we went to mums group. I don't mind this mums group it and Australian Breastfeeding Association thing, just once a month catch up for coffee and chat, get advice etc. I like to go because I'm still no pro at breastfeeding and always have questions. Besides the fact I forgot morning tea, the meeting was going fine. Rat_girl was playing great with her little friend, but then the wheels fell off when she came to me and said "mummy I've done poo's in my knickers" OH WHY OH WHY ARE WE GOING THROUGH THIS AGAIN!!! I had no spare knickers for her, I shouldn't need then she has been toilet trained for ages and she knows how to poo on the toilet. So I cleaned her up then packed up my stuff and walked out quite upset. She got no tv for the rest of the day which meant I had to keep her entertained which meant I was exhausted by days end. Add to that Rat_Boy (who I'm hoping is not getting his first tooth) decided to not sleep a wink all day and be painful and clingy.
Thank god I cooked dinner the night before and all I had to do was put it in the pastry and then in the oven, because by the time Concrete_man got home I was over everything! I desperately was wishing for that never ending packet of tim tams to fall in my lap, unfortunately though that didn't happen.
The only good thing that came of the night was come bed time, 30mins and she was out, so by 7pm all kids were asleep and I can get some stuff done....ummmm nope I feel asleep! I was just exhausted.
Thankfully today is a kindy day, it's also supposed to be a boxing day but I just had too many things I needed to get done today.
So far I've done the washing and sorted it, done the dishes, dried them and put them away (I didn't do them last night, so lazy) got Rat_girl off to kindy, bought myself a drive through coffee from hungry Jack), wrote this blog, pulled out my menu plan stuff, fed Rat_boy and put him to sleep, made some phone calls, half cooked tonight's dinner (enchiladas instead of burritos, I bought the wrong kit!), played on facebook...and typed this blog. It's not even 10am yet.
So now I'm off to make some more phone calls, submit a quote, send some invoices, pay some bills, do the bookwork for the last week, open and sort the mail, bang my head against the wall and if I am really lucky I might get my hair done...! I'm going scrapbooking, it's a big thing I like to look nice lol
OH and guess what. A few weeks back I got a parking fine in town, I complained to council and said I was forced to park illegally due to the limited parking in town. I never get parking fines and if I did I would just pay them and shut up but this time I thought it was just unfair...they waived the fine YAY for me saved $20!!!
Oh going now really have work to do. YAY for almost the weekend and YAY for my folks getting home today...!
About Me
- MuMmARat
- This is me, The Rat...partner since 2001 to Concrete_Man, mum to Rat_Girl (born 13.12.05) and Rat_Boy (born 14.05.09). Co-inhabiting our nest are 2 rather large fury 4 legged rats, Boxer_Dog and Black_Dog. We run a business from the nest with Concrete_Man doing the manly physical work while I stay at home and do the 'other' stuff. This means we are often busy, often stressed and often very tired...but then again who isn't! Anyway that's enough for now. As time goes by you will learn a bit more about the family that is "MummaRat's Nest"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment