I'm hopeless at blogging as I always forget my blog even exists and when I do remember I often don't have time to blog or have nothing to blog about.
Anyway I do have a new obsession at the moment, organising! BAH who ever decided it was a good idea to start, was wrong, once you start you must....must keep going. Someone pointed me in the direction of this site
http://orgjunkie.com/
Which was what got me to start obsessing over being organised and having things all nice and neat and tidy.
I promise I'll add some photos and dedicate a post to each room just as soon as I get things a little more to my liking, which I guess could take forever!
But so far I have sorted the office, I just have the filing cabinet to resort but the office is working really well. One thing though, I found that instead of a drawer insert for my stationery drawer that little baskets are awesome!! Much more customisable (is that a word) and very addictive. Once you buy one basket you can't stop. My office has stayed clean for 2 weeks now and I'm impressed.
I have also organised the laundry, I conquered mount foldmore to start with and then had to think about how to get it looking more tidy and organised. So in the end (again I'll post more later) what I have come up with is...you guessed it BASKETS! I have a few dirty clothes baskets, one in each barthoom (for ours and kids dirty clothes) and 3 in the laundry (1 for towels linen etc, 1 for our clothes and 1 for kids cltohes) this way things are already sorted before I even start the washing. Plus now instead of on big basket with all the washing to be sorted and folded we have a basket each in the cupboard labelled with our names this is for the clean clothes to get sorted and folded and then put away. Rat_Girl and Concrete_Man are responsible for putting away their own clothes. Yes Rat_Girl is only 3 but she knows where her clothes go so when I tell her to she puts them away. I am then responsible for mine and Rat_boys clothes. Makes for a very tidy laundry and easy to find clothes.
I have also tidied the car, this is a work in progres. But to start with I have a crate in the tray which in it is - shopping trolley cover for baby, baby carrier, towel, blanket, suna nd rain covers for pram and an umbrella. Now there other things that are always handy to keep in the car, as I work out what we need I'll work out how to keep them in there. I'm thinking a box with a lid with some baskets inside to keep things seperate and throw in some first aid stuff, some snack like muesli bars or something, wipes, note pad and pen, PDC phone/street directory, sunscreen. Thankfully I have storage under my back seats so if I get a slim ling box with lid it can slid straight under, or go in the tray of the car.
This week my target zone is the kitchen, possbly the hardest part of the house. It's one of the worse places for buying things you don't need or will never use and doubling up on food because you don't know what is in your fridge or cupboard. This will be the 2nd time I have done this this year, obviously what I did the first time didn't work so well...so need to re think.
I'll let you know how I go right now my phone is ringing!
About Me
- MuMmARat
- This is me, The Rat...partner since 2001 to Concrete_Man, mum to Rat_Girl (born 13.12.05) and Rat_Boy (born 14.05.09). Co-inhabiting our nest are 2 rather large fury 4 legged rats, Boxer_Dog and Black_Dog. We run a business from the nest with Concrete_Man doing the manly physical work while I stay at home and do the 'other' stuff. This means we are often busy, often stressed and often very tired...but then again who isn't! Anyway that's enough for now. As time goes by you will learn a bit more about the family that is "MummaRat's Nest"
September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment