About Me

This is me, The Rat...partner since 2001 to Concrete_Man, mum to Rat_Girl (born 13.12.05) and Rat_Boy (born 14.05.09). Co-inhabiting our nest are 2 rather large fury 4 legged rats, Boxer_Dog and Black_Dog. We run a business from the nest with Concrete_Man doing the manly physical work while I stay at home and do the 'other' stuff. This means we are often busy, often stressed and often very tired...but then again who isn't! Anyway that's enough for now. As time goes by you will learn a bit more about the family that is "MummaRat's Nest"

February 25, 2010

Valentines Day (catch up post :-) )

I do agree with the masses that valentines day is a halmark holiday, I've never really been into expensive dinners and sending roses and buying cards etc.  I think Concrete_man and I had one expensive valentines day but it was because he had been away for work for 5 weeks leading up to it.

Anyway this year I made a little effort and had some fun with food.

So for breakfast we had pancakes, excuse the ones that look a little burnt...I get a little distracted sometimes.




We also had heart shaped sandwhiches for lunch, but they weren't worth photgraphing.

Then for dinner...we again made our own ravioli...it took 2 takes though as I botched the first batch, opps.

This part is funnnnnnn


Filled ravioli. cheese and spinach and pumpkin and spinach



Served with the usual bolognese sauce, baby spinach and onion salad.



We had pavlova for dessert too, but I think for the time being you've seen enough of my pavlovas.  Though I'm making one this weekend and might make it just a little different.

1 comment:

  1. Droolworthy........I have to go and raid the cupboards now!

    ReplyDelete