I've lost my menu planning mojo...WHY OH WHY OH WHY!!!
I sit every few nights with recipes and my laptop and previous weeks menus yet I sitll fin no inspiration.
I'm not sure why, perhaps it's because I'm trying to keep the food expense down a little therefore each time I look at a recipe all I can think about is $$$$.
But I need help I want my mojo back I neeeeeeeed my mojo back?
Oh the other thing is I think I want to plan about a month at a time and do the majority of the shopping for the month in one go. I'm keeping an eye out for a cheapish food saver machine to make keeping my meat easier and also to look at freezing my own vegies in portions etc to make things even easier.
Maybe this is why I'm stuggling with my mojo, there are so many things I want to do and start to try make things easier and more streamlined that I just don't know where to start.
I struggle with breaking things down into tasks and I look at things as a whole and freak out.
Anyway I'll keep plodding....
About Me
- MuMmARat
- This is me, The Rat...partner since 2001 to Concrete_Man, mum to Rat_Girl (born 13.12.05) and Rat_Boy (born 14.05.09). Co-inhabiting our nest are 2 rather large fury 4 legged rats, Boxer_Dog and Black_Dog. We run a business from the nest with Concrete_Man doing the manly physical work while I stay at home and do the 'other' stuff. This means we are often busy, often stressed and often very tired...but then again who isn't! Anyway that's enough for now. As time goes by you will learn a bit more about the family that is "MummaRat's Nest"
March 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Try breaking down what you eat in a week into categories - Chicken night, pasta night, pizza/calzone night, rice night, from-the-freezer night, bulk cooking day, slow cooker day, etc.
ReplyDeleteOnce you have that locked in, the task is immediately smaller, because you don't have to find a month's worth of meals, just 4 chicken meals you like. I'm sure you can find 4 cheap chicken meals you like.
Then write them into a calendar, and move onto the next day. Use your daily routine to arrange the days: for instance, on Thursdays I like to cook with Miss Four and Master One, so I tend to have a slow cooker meal on those nights, to give me plenty of time with them, and also to clean up all the dishes them use before dinner. Tuesdays Master One and I walk down to the library, so I like to have lasagna or a meal from the freezer I can just reheat, because a) I am tired, and b) by dinner time I am usually neck deep in a new book.
Hope that helps. If you still are having trouble, try just stealing someone else's menu plan verbatim for a week and see how that goes.
Drop me a line if you need more help.